The 02R96VCM is the result of the ongoing evolution of the renowned 02R series of digital mixing consoles from Yamaha, which have become among the most relied upon tools in audio production. The 02R96VCM has all of the capabilities of the Version 2 software, with its additional effects, improved surround monitoring features, and advanced integration with DAW software such as Nuendo and Pro Tools. It also includes select Virtual Circuitry Modeling digital effects and dynamics (which were previously available as optional add-ons).
The included VCM algorithms faithfully model every resistor and capacitor found in classic analog compressors and EQs to bring their warm sound to the digital domain. The high-end REV-X reverb is also included, as well as Studio Manager software, which features further enhancements and capabilities. The on-board add-on effects engine allows users the freedom to install even more specially developed effect plug-ins.
The powerful 02R96VCM is capable of handling 56 channels at 24-bit 96kHz resolution. Its 32-bit audio processing assures the highest audio fidelity throughout. The O2R96VCM features everything needed for 5.1 surround mixing. Joystick style panning and comprehensive monitoring eliminate the need for external equipment or channel reassignment. The 2 effects processors are updated with 96kHz compatible effects, some designed specifically for surround.
It’s equipped with 25 lightning fast motorized faders, and 4 expansion slots that can expand the 02R96VCM up to a total of 56 inputs. Its “analog like” mixer interface eliminates the need to frequently refer to the LCD display. The 02R96VCM Also features full MIDI machine and time code control with most of the popular sequencer software applications and includes software for controlling and monitoring the 02R96VCM via MAC or Windows based computers.
Live sound venues, recording studios, theaters, houses of worship, and broadcast production facilities have all come to rely on the powerful capabilities of the 02R series to handle their most important tasks. The 02R96VCM carries on this tradition, and sounds better than ever.
- VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) Technology Included
- VCM algorithms faithfully model every resistor and capacitor found in classic analog compressors and EQs to bring their warm sound to the digital domain
- Version 2 Software
- Version 2 software provides a host of added features to meet the demands of professional users. The Add-On Effects engine allows users the flexibility of installing effects designed for use with the 02R96VCM. Additional enhancements include improved integration with DAW software, improved surround monitoring capability and much more.
- 56 Channels & Flexible Routing
- 25 100mm motorized faders can be layer switched to control any of the available 56 channels. The 02R96VCM is equipped with 16 XLR style, high quality mic pre’s and 24 balanced 1/4″ TRS line inputs. 4 YGDAI expansion slots allow users to upgrade to a total of 56 inputs. Available I/O cards feature ADAT Light Pipe, Tascam TDIF, AES/EBU and Balanced Analog connectors. The 02R96VCM’s flexible routing allows routing of any input signal to any output. This eliminates the need of mass amounts of cable or unnecessary patch bays.
- Complete Surround Solution
- The 02R96VCM is a complete 5.1 surround solution boasting such features as Joystick style panning and a comprehensive graphic monitor displaying multichannel surround/pan position.
- High Quality Converters & Head Amplifiers
- All AD/DA converters feature 24-bit 96kHz resolution. The 02R96VCM features the same high quality Head Amplifiers featured in the renowned Yamaha DM2000. The 24 bit converters give you a true digital representation while maintaining the analog warmth of the mic pre’s.
- Advanced Effects & Dynamics Processing
- 2 Multi Effects processors provide plenty of effects from spatial to experimental. Effects Specific to surround mixing are provided and 96kHz assures the highest quality detail. Compression, Gating and Ducking are available on every channel. Take advantage of third party plug-in processing.
- Intuitive Interface & Display
- Modeled after the 02R, the look and feel of the 02R96VCM is similar although there are some advances in the design. Analog-style user interface allows the user to make static changes without frequently referring to the LCD monitor. The optional MB02R96 Meter Bridge provides comprehensive monitoring of all input channels.
- Studio Manager Software
- Studio Manager Software (included) allows full control and display of the 02R96VCM via Mac or Windows based computer.
- Integrated DAW Control
- Complete Integration with Pro Tools and Nuendo software. Complete mixing and parameter control and complete transport control as well.
|Total # Of Inputs||56 Total inputs:
24 balanced 1/4″ TRS, channels 1-16 are mono, 17-24 are stereo paired
16 XLR inputs and preamps, Up to 32 additional inputs and outputs of optional YGDAI expansion cards
|Mic/Line Inputs||24 balanced 1/4″ TRS line
16 XLR balanced mic/line switchable inputs
|Main/Monitor Out||Stereo Out:
Balanced XLR +4dB (1.23V), unbalanced RCA -10dBv (0.316V)
Studio Monitor Out:
Balanced 1/4″ TRS +4dB (1.23V)
Control Room Monitor Out:
Balanced 1/4″ TRS +4dB (1.23V)
|AUX Sends||8 AUX Sends: Internal AUX sends are pre-routed to the 2 internal effects processors, 8 1/4″ Phone “Omni Out” jacks can be used to feed signal to external processors.|
|AUX Returns||Returning effects from external processors is permitted via any input channel (1-24). The optional I/O card inputs can be used as external AUX returns as well.|
|Inserts||16 MIC/LINE Inserts located on channels 1-16: 1/4″ Phone jack connector, -6dB sensitivity, +0/4dB nominal|
|Digital I/O Options||MY8AD96 – 96 kHz 8-channel line-level analog input card
MY8DA96 – 96 kHz 8-channel analog output card
MY8AE96 – 96 kHz 8-channel AES/EBU digital format I/O
MY8AE96S – 8-channel AES/EBU digital format I/O with sample rate conversion
MY8AT – 8-channel ADAT digital format I/O (optical connectors
MY8TD – 8-channel TDIF digital format I/O (25-pin D-SUB connector)
MY8AD24 – 8-channel 24-bit analog inputs on balanced 1/4″ connectors
MY4AD – 4-channel 24-bit analog inputs on XLR connectors
MY4DA – 4-channel 20-bit analog outputs on XLR connectors
AP8DA – 8-channel Apogee 24-bit analog outputs (25-pin D-sub connector)
AP8AD – 8-channel Apogee 24-bit analog inputs (25-pin D-sub connector)
|2 Trk Master I/O||Output:
L/R XLR balanced (stereo) +4dB, L/R RCA unbalanced (stereo) -10dBv
L/R 1/4″ TRS (stereo) +4dB, L/R RCA unbalanced (stereo) -10dBv
|Stereo Digital I/O||Output:
AES/EBU and S/PDIF
AES/EBU and S/PDIF x2
|Word Clock I/O||BNC connectors TTL / 75 ohms|
|RS/To Host Port||RS422 D-SUB Half Pitch Connector 68pin (female)|
|MIDI Ports||MIDI IN, OUT, THRU 5pin Din connectors (conform to MIDI specifications)|
|EQ Section||4 band parametric on all 56 channels. Type I or Type II switchable|
|Trim/Gain Range||44dB (-60 to -16) MIC/LINE 1-16, 44dB (-40 to +4) LINE 17/18 through 23/24|
|Solo/Mute||Soloing/Muting of every input channel, AUX send, bus and stereo output.|
|Channel Level Control||100mm motor-driven touch sensitive faders|
|Phantom Power||48V Phantom power (inputs 1-16)|
|Metering||Backlit LCD display
Optional MB02R96 Meter Bridge available
|Internal Signal Processing||32 bit internal processing|
1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
Normal Rate: 44.1kHz-10% 48kHz +6% Double rate: 88.2kHz-10% 96kHz +6%
|Memory||Scene = 99 locations (total recall)
Ch Library = 127 locations (2 preset)
EQ Library = 160 locations (40 preset)
Dynamics Library (Compression) = 93 locations (36 preset)
Dynamics Library (Gate) = 124 locations (4 preset)
Effect Library = 76 locations (52 preset)
Surround Monitor Library = 32 locations (1 preset)
Input Patch Library = 32 locations (1 preset)
Output Patch Library = 32 locations 32 (1 preset)
Bus to Stereo Library = 32 locations (1 preset)
|AD/DA Conversion||24-bit 96kHz Dynamic Range: 105dB typical FS=48 or 96kHz|
|Frequency Response||CH INPUT to STEREO OUT:
Fs=48kHz: 0.5, -1.5dB 20Hz -20kHz @+4dB into 600 ohms
Fs=96kHz: 0.5, -1.5dB 20Hz to 40kHz @+4dB into 600 ohms
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||CH INPUT to STEREO OUT:
Fs=48(96)kHz 0.01% 1kHz @ +18dB into 600 ohms
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||-128dB (EIN: Equivalent Input Noise) -92dB (Residual Output Noise)@ STEREO OUT off|
|Power||USA and Canada: 120V AC, 60Hz / 200W, general: 230V AC, 50Hz / 200W|
|Dimensions||27.56 x 13.86 x 27.44″ (700 x 352 x 697mm) W x H x D measured with optional meter bridge and wood side panels|
|Weight||34kg (75 lbs)|
|Package Weight||94.35 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.6 x 35.0 x 15.8″|